From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howzat!
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:48:15
1 On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:26:09 +0300, Thanasis wrote:
2
3 > > Why not? It's the obvious choice. Have you tried using nail's Mail
4 > > from the command line to see if it works as you expect?
5
6 > I have been using nail because it has the option to set the smtp server
7 > to use (as an environment variable. If the smtp variable is set, a SMTP
8 > connection to the server specified by the value of this variable is used
9 > ) and also set the [-r from-addr] option.
10 > Can I do that with mail-client/mailx ?
11
12 Not from a quick glance at the man page. But you don't need to change
13 your mail program, just change the invocation in the script to match your
14 program.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 "I'm not crying victim, but I am stating that a lot of spammers
21 are genuine scumbags." -Sanford Wallace