From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network failed and weird error message
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:18:50
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 13 Oct 2013 22:49:41 Dale wrote:
3 >> I don't overclock so I'm not worried about that. I did it once with a
4 >> old Abit mobo with a AMD 2500+ CPU but it just didn't make much
5 difference.
6 >
7 > O/C = higher costs. You need higher frequency memory, bigger CPU/case
8 coolers
9 > and potentially a bigger PSU. If your budget is constrained then buy
10 > memory/cooler/PSU that will run with default settings. The 10%
11 performance
12 > improvement that a modern CPU may give you when O/C is not really
13 worth the
14 > hassle.
17 I got plenty of all that for sure. My P/S is much to large. The CPU
18 cooler is plain huge for the CPU I got. I don't know what the memory
19 could do but I just run it at stock speeds.
20
21 When I build a rig, I try to buiild it like a tank. The military type
22 tank. I try to build to last at least 7 or 8 years maybe 9. I'm sort of
23 disappointed if this mobo is going out already. It's way to early for
24 my liking. I think it is only like 3 years old. My old Abit was about
25 8 years old and it was working fine, just slowly. ;-)
26
27 Dale
28
32 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
33 how you interpreted my words!