From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:49:38
1 On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 15:32:16 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2
3 > > I've tried the update on two systems, both with modified config files
4 > > (the second one modified just before the upgrade to see if that made a
5 > > difference). The first one lost it's file, the second one kept it.
6 >
7 > On the first one, you said that you had modified /etc/conf.d/net.
8 > Had you upgraded OpenRC since you modified /etc/conf.d/net on that
9 > system?
10
11 The first one had a static address set up in conf.d/net, set up years ago,
12 and the file disappeared on upgrading to openrc-0.12
15 > If yes, that may be the pattern I need.
16 >
17 > The first version of OpenRC on that system was earlier than 0.11.8, and
18 > you modified /etc/conf.d/net before 0.11.8 was on that system, then you
19 > upgraded to 0.11.8 then 0.12 without touching /etc/conf.d/net. Is that
20 > right?
21
22 Yes, the file was last modified on Dec 6yh 2012, at which time I had
23 openrc-0.11.7.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 What do you have when you have six lawyers buried up to their necks in
30 sand? Not enough sand.