From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommend a good replacement for XFCE?
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 16:16:02
1 On 2016-09-24, Alecks Gates <alecks.g@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 09/23/2016 06:45 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
3
4 >> I've been running XFCE for many, many years, and I was perfectly happy
5 >> with it until 4.11 came out. Support for multiple displays[1] was
6 >> broken in xfdesktop by a commit made in 2013. It's been broken ever
7 >> since, and there doesn't appear to be any intention of fixing it.
8
9 > Have you considered MATE?
10
11 Yep. I've been doing some googling/reading, and LXDE and MATE look
12 like the two leading contenders.
13
14 I'm going to try LXDE first. MATE's gnome heritage set off some
15 warning bells -- which I should probably ignore, since MATE's 'atril'
16 pdf viewer is what rescued me from evince's gnome-related problems.
19 Grant