From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't linux#make menuconfig -- Makefile gone
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 05:52:30
1 Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > I needed to configure iptables support into the kernel but when I
5 > tried to run make menuconfig got 'No rule to make target' error. The
6 > Makefile was gone. A casualty of a recent emerge -uDN world, I expect.
7 >
8 > So I ran
9 >
10 > distfiles# tar xvfj linux-2.6.29.tar.bz2 Makefile
11 >
12 > which told me 'tar: Makefile: Not found in archive'
13 >
14 > So where can I locate the Makefile for my kernel, assuming the above
15 > command is correct?
16 >
17 > Maxim
22 Are you in the kernel directory? Should be /usr/src/linux if yours is
23 like mine. Going by the prompt I see, you may be in the distfiles
24 directory. Or did you name your puter distfiles?
25
26 Dale
27