From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} New CPU for my motherboard
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 05:59:50
1 Grant wrote:
2 > I've got a Celeron 700 Dell desktop and I'd like to upgrade the CPU if
3 > I can. What type of CPU should I look for? How can I tell what will
4 > be compatible?
5 >
6 > Also, how can I tell what kind of memory would be compatible?
10 Dell have (or had last time I looked) online manuals for their stuff. So
11 if you identify your system model number (prob on the chassis), try
12 looking it up on the Dell support site. Last time I did this there was
13 quite good info about what sort of memory and cpu the systems would take.
14
15 In addition the sites for the memory suppliers (Kingston, Micron etc)
16 have memory finder apps that will help you out (once you know your
17 system number!).
18
19 Cheers
20