From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: IrDA crashes every time
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 08:58:13
1 On 23/04/06, Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 02:17:20 +0200
5 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Apr 23 01:01:01 lappy smsc_ircc_present: can't get sir_base of 0x3e8
8 >
9 > Try checking and changing BIOS settings for IRDA IO port, IRQ settings
10 > and DMA and - maybe - Plug&Play. Then you might want to use the
11 > IO/IRQ/DMA parameters as options to the module (use modinfo -p to find
12 > out about those options). Just a guess, though.
13
14 Thanks hwh,
15
16 Unfortunately, the (buggy) BIOS settings for this laptop are almost
17 non-existent! The bl**dy thing has just a couple of settings (like
18 boot order and boot splash screen options). There's no where in there
19 a setting for IrDA, IRQ's, or PnP. My mobile phone has a bigger
20 choice of BIOS settings than this laptop!
21
22 That said I can always experiment with forcing IO and IRQ numbers
23 through modprobe. Is it possible to do that via
24 /etc/modules.autoload.d, or will I need to do it by hand?
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list