From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] hwclock <--> sysclock and the ntp-client
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 17:53:08
1 Hi,
2
3 to get the correct system time I use ntp-client in the boot process.
4 Furthermore in /etc/conf.d/hwclock I set:
5
6 # Set CLOCK to "UTC" if your Hardware Clock is set to UTC (also known as
7 # Greenwich Mean Time). If that clock is set to the local time, then
8 # set CLOCK to "local". Note that if you dual boot with Windows, then
9 # you should set it to "local".
10 clock="UTC"
11
12 # If you want to set the Hardware Clock to the current System Time
13 # (software clock) during shutdown, then say "YES" here.
14 # You normally don't need to do this if you run a ntp daemon.
15 clock_systohc="YES"
16
17 # If you want to set the system time to the current hardware clock
18 # during bootup, then say "YES" here. You do not need this if you are
19 # running a modern kernel with CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS set to y.
20 # Also, be aware that if you set this to "NO", the system time will
21 # never be saved to the hardware clock unless you set
22 # clock_systohc="YES" above.
23 clock_hctosys="NO"
24
25 # If you wish to pass any other arguments to hwclock during bootup,
26 # you may do so here. Alpha users may wish to use --arc or --srm here.
27 clock_args=""
28
29 In the kernel config file I had set:
30
31 CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS=y
32 CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS_DEVICE="rtc0"
33
34 I would exspect that after a reboot of the system which system time is
35 correctly set via ntp-client that the hwclock and system time only
36 differ in a small amount of time.
37
38 But:
39 solfire:/home/mccramer>hwclock
40 Mon Feb 6 19:05:11 2012 -0.172569 seconds
41 solfire:/home/mccramer>date
42 Mon Feb 6 18:49:37 CET 2012
43 solfire:/home/mccramer>
44
45 Is there anything else which I have to tweak to acchieve what I want?
46
47 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
48
49 Best regards,
50 mcc
51
52 PS: I need a correct hwclock since I want to wake the system via the
53 hwclock.