From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix and bad colors.
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 11:18:14
1 On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 05:01:29 -0600
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Howdy,
5 >
6 > I was using eix a bit ago and I noticed the colors have changed.
7 > Since I like to have white text and a black background, this is not
8 > working to well for me. It seems some of the output is black text.
9 > Put black text on a black background and I have missing text, usually
10 > the very thing I am looking for. I have looked for a config
11 > somewhere in /etc but can't find where this is set. I found where
12 > other colors are set but not for eix.
13 >
14 > Anyone have a hint as to where this is set or is it hard coded into
15 > eix?
16 >
17 > Thanks much.
18 >
19 > Dale
20 >
21 > :-) :-)
24 I usually try to avoid reading the eix man page if at all possible (an
25 object lesson in how to overwhelm users with waaaaaaaaay too much
26 stuff), bit in this case I had to scan it quickly :-)
27
28 It looks like the default color scheme changed, and you specify the one
29 you want in ~/.eixrc. More specifically, you use the COLORSCHEME
30 directive.
31
32 If you wanna know more, I'm afraid you are going to have to read man
33 eix yourself for reasons noted above :-)
38 Alan McKinnon
39 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com