From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] is it ok to set local flags using ufed?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 15:50:59
1 I find it convenient using ufed - the ncurses USE flag editor - to
2 change/set USE flags.
3
4 What does the following warning in ufed mean: "Never enable any flags
5 other than those specified in /etc/make.conf"?
6
7 It seems that ufed writes all the USE flags selected to
8 /etc/make.conf, including both global and local flags. From what I've
9 read, /etc/make.conf is only supposed to contain global USE flags,
10 with local ones set in /etc/portage/package.use...
11
12 Is it safe setting local flags using ufed (i.e., in /etc/make.conf) if
13 you know you dont need them disabled for any packages?
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list