From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to copy a file's content to clipboard?
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:27:24
1 On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:53:19 +0800, Qiangning Hong wrote:
2
3 > Do you know how to copy the content of a file to the X clipboard using
4 > command? Every time now I need to paste a file into my email, I have to
5 > cat it in a terminal and use mouse to select the text. Is there a more
6 > convenient way?
7
8 Use xclip, it does just what you want, and the reverse. It's in portage.
12 Neil Bothwick
13
14 I've got a mind like a... a... what's that thing called?