From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What *-sources for laptop
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 07:27:22
1 On Saturday 19 July 2008, Amar Cosic wrote:
2 > Hello all
3 >
4 > I am about to install Gentoo on laptop for first time.I use
5 > gentoo-sources on desktop but I would like to know is there maybe
6 > something better for laptop? Also, I would appreciate if someone
7 > could give me some of yours make.conf's you use on laptop. Thanks
8
9 gentoo-sources is fine for laptops. What do you have in your laptop that
10 makes you think some other patches will perform better?
11
12 Someone else's make.conf is not going to help you much, it's way to
13 customized for each machine. You could start by copying the one you
14 already have on your desktop and working from there. It's what I do,
15 the only things I change are the arch and the cpu-specific USE flags
16 (things like mmx, sse)
19 Alan McKinnon
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list