From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Freeing up disk space problem!!
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:58:43
1 On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:29:45 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > It means there's no single sane default anymore. On my servers I set
4 > reserved space to 100M or so as that's what I need. I reckon the
5 > average person should keep it to somewhat larger than the biggest
6 > single file you expect to store on that file system.
7
8 Do you mean the biggest single file you expect root to store on that
9 filesystem? Is there any point in reserving space for root on a
10 filesystem root does not need to write to, such as /home?
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Very funny Scotty.. now beam down my pants!