From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:05:43
1 On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:19:02 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I also tried to burn this with tkdvd but it failed too. I don't think
4 > the media is bad. It doesn't appear to be k3b since the other program
5 > fails too. I also updated to the latest testing but no
6 > difference that I can see. It does sometimes burn and sometimes if I
7 > try again it will burn but it's not getting any better.
8
9 K3b is running mkisofs and growisofs at the same time, hence the mixed up
10 debug output making it hard to see where the error is coming from. Take
11 the media, drive and growisofs out of the equation by getting K3b to
12 create an ISO image instead. If that works, write the image to disc with
13
14 growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=/path/to/file.iso
15
16 At least you'll have a better idea where the problem lies.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Does someone know the cheats for WindowsXP?