From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ntp Vs openntp vis a vis Plasma desktop
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 11:44:47
1 Hi,
2
3 On 06/16/2017 04:19 PM, Andrew Lowe wrote:
4 > Good afternoon all,
5 > Does anyone have any inside knowledge as to why 5.9.5 of KDE plasma
6 > desktop did not require ntp whereas 5.10.5 does? I use Openntp and been
7 > using KDE 5 for ages with the time being correct so was wondering why
8 > now the requirement for net-misc/ntp specifically.
9 >
10 > Any thoughts, greatly appreciated,
11 >
12 > Andrew
16 Someone raised the issue that the "time server" option in the date and
17 time applet was greyed out on their system. It turns out that this
18 occurs if neither ntpdate nor rdate binaries are present, so I added the
19 dep. There's been some pushback on this so maybe it'll be reverted or
20 maybe not. It's being tracked in bug #621754 for anyone who wants to
21 chime in.
22
23 Kind regards,
24