From: sourcecode <sourcecode@×××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --newuse misses package that new USE affects
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:23:12
1 On Thursday 24 November 2005 15:52, glen martin wrote:
2 > I've googled and scanned recent messages archive of this list for this
3 > issue - if I'm blind, apologies in advance.
4 >
5 > I've changed some USE flags deliberately to add features to a package
6 > (in this case, apache). That package is also impacted by different
7 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS flag ("~86"), which I've specified in
8 > /etc/portage/package.keywords
9 >
10 > Despite the USE change, I find that that apache is not being caught by
11 > "emerge --newuse world". My expectation is that "--newuse world" will
12 > rebuild everything that a new USE impacts.
13 >
14 > So do I horribly misunderstand --newuse, or have I configured something
15 > wrong, or does it not work with package.keywords, or is there a bug
16 > someone would like more data on before I manually rebuild the various
17 > packages in in my system that need it and blow the symptoms away?
18 >
19 > I added "threads nptlonly mpm-worker" to USE in make.conf. I've
20 > probably made some other changes to USE since my last world rebuild.
21 > I've also done an emerge --sync. Then:
22 >
23 > <snip>
24 > # emerge --update --deep --newuse --pretend --verbose world
25
26 If you Put the USE Flag into the make.conf it´s Generall to ALL Packages.
27
28 Just Put the Use Flag into the Apache Buil only.
31 MFG
32
33 Christian Fuß,
34 replica-solutions.de
35 ( Linux, Poetry, Community 4 everyone, International German/English )
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list