From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [ANNOUNCE] I like systemd now :)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:47:21
1 On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 15:45:11 -0600
2 Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:26:18PM +0100, Cr0k wrote:
5 > > >
6 > > Hello,
7 > >
8 > > Can't you answer correctly to the mailing lists? Each one of your
9 > > mails goes into my standard Mailbox, while I did a rule to make it
10 > > goes to a gentoo-user folder...
11 > >
12 > > Thanks.
13 > >
14 > > --
15 > > Cr0k <crok.r254@×××××.com>
16 >
17 > Can you learn to trim? ;)
18 >
19 > What is the problem? You need to be a bit more specific.
22 Here we go again, this one comes up about once a year :-)
23
24 It's the tired old
25
26 "Reply-To munging considered harmful"
27
28 vs
29
30 "Reply-To munging considered harmful - the opposing view"
31
32 debate. Canek replied to sender with cc: to the list whereas list mails
33 have Reply-To set to the list, so he's in the latter category.
34 Personally I prefer the former, but there's no easy solution and no
35 sane default either (both views have equal pros and cons IMHO)
36
37 The solution I recommend to folks is to bypass the entire problem
38 altogether as senders are free to address their mails however they like
39 and resist being told how to do it different to suit someone else
40 (especially 3rd parties)
41
42 I filter by List-* header, which is rather reliable. As opposed to
43 using To: and From: and all those other unreliable things.
47 Alan McKinnon
48 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com