From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Perl 5.30.1 Locale::Language missing
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 17:57:59
On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 07:48:04 -0000 (UTC)
Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de> wrote:

> This looks like a bug in the perl distribution to me: > > man perl5300delta > > claims "Locale::Codes has been upgraded from version 3.56 to 3.57." and > > man perl5301delta > > neither mentions "Locale" nor "Codes", yet the whole > cpan/Locale-Codes subdirectory is missing from 5.30.1. > Although it should not be hard to write an ebuild as a > temporary workaround, I suggest to file a bug at perl itself.
Nope. /usr/bin/corelist -a Locale::Codes Data for 2019-11-10 Locale::Codes was first released with perl v5.13.1 and removed from v5.29.3 == Upstream has unbundled this and migrated it to be a "CPAN only" dep. Op needs to request an addition of dev-perl/Locale-Codes , which provides both Locale::Codes and Locale::Language This is one of the sorts of things we *usually* have virtuals to handle, however, nothing in tree uses this, so the virtual never came to be. This is not a bug in packaging, more a side effect of your "web application" not being available in portage.