From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Error during boot up.
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 04:41:37
1 Howdy,
2
3 I just installed a new video card.  After a couple weeks of USPS
4 dragging it around, it finally came in.  Anyway, I got it installed and
5 was booting up.  I noticed somewhere between the kernel part and it
6 going through the runlevel part, there was something that failed.  I saw
7 a little red colored text and the word failed but I found one bad thing
8 about a really fast CPU.  It scrolls by so fast, I can't tell what it
9 is.  It is almost a blur when it scrolls up.  It's not a service because
10 rc-status shows all green.  I'm not sure that lists everything tho since
11 it seems a little light on the number of services.
12
13 At some point way back, I recall there being a logger that picks up the
14 area between when dmesg is logging and when syslog or friends start
15 logging to the message file.  I think this is where the error is.  I
16 can't find tool now.  I also can't find anything else in /var/log
17 either.  Am I wrong on having this or did it die off in the tree and got
18 removed?  If so, is there something that picks up that area of the boot
19 up process as far as errors go?  My system seems to work fine but I'd
20 like to know what that error was.  It may cause a problem at some point
21 and could even be the problem with that random reboot I had in another
22 thread.
23
24 Thanks.
25
26 Dale
27
29
30 P. S.  I did reseat all the power cables to the mobo while I was
31 swapping video cards.  Hoping that may help with that weird reboot thing
32 I had going on.  BTW, it hasn't happened since the one I started the
33 thread about either.  Weird.