From: Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] struggling with dri
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:40:55
1 On 10/11/05, Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 10/10/05, Jason Cooper <gentoo@××××××××××.net> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Fernando Meira (fmeira@×××××.com) scribbled:
6 > > > I think I have radeon driver built-in the kernel.. does that mean that
7 > > it is
8 > > > loaded before agpgart?
9 > > > agpgart and intel_agp are both modules...
10 > > >
11 > > > should I them recompile my kernel and leave radeon as module?
12 > >
13 > > yes.
16 > Ok, with this modules being loaded at boot:
17 > agpgart
18 > intel_agp
19 > radeon
20 >
21 > I still don't have rendering!
22 > So, should I try to compile all built-in the kernel? Or should I go for
23 > x11-drm?
24 >
25 > Cheers,
26 > Fernando
27 >
28 Just to add a new question:
29
30 - I'll need to connect a projector to my laptop. What do I need to do so?
31 Does it connect as the second monitor? If so, then would I need to reboot to
32 make it work?
33
34 Thanks,
35 Fernando