From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apache2 2.0 -> 2.2 upgrade
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 18:39:56
1 On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:02:16 -0500
2 "Marzan, Richard non Unisys" <Richard.Marzan@××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Goodluck friend
7 Thanks, I needed it. I finally found a nice list of the information I
8 need here:
9
10 http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/upgrading.html
11
12 there's a message en route that covers all the majority of things, but
13 other stuff worth knowing that I haven't yet mentioned is :
14
15 The default setting of UseCanonicalName is now Off. If you did not have
16 this directive in your config file, you can add UseCanonicalName On to
17 retain the old behavior.
18
19 The directive AuthDigestFile from mod_auth_digest has been
20 merged with AuthUserFile and is now part of mod_authn_file.
21
22 Many third-party modules designed for version 2.0 will work unchanged
23 with the the Apache HTTP Server version 2.2. But all modules must be
24 recompiled before being loaded.
25
26 The module mod_userdir will no longer act on requests unless a UserDir
27 directive specifying a directory name is present in the config file. To
28 restore the old default behavior, place the directive UserDir
29 public_html in your config file.
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list