From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Fetchmail
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:06:29
1 "Steve [Gentoo]" <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > I've recently experienced a bizarre failure... and I wondered if
4 > anyone else has experienced something similar or has a suggestion to
5 > avoid a similar annoyance in future.
6
7 Sorry I can't offer a diffinative answer but a maybe a possible
8 solution to keep working until someone more knowledgeable steps in.
9
10 I've run fetchmail for several years without incident (related to
11 fetchmail) also at fetchmail-6.2.5.2 as of a few days ago.
12
13 However I suspect your problem maybe related to running fetchmail in
14 daemon mode rather than from cron. I cannot suggest any good reason
15 why I say that other than I've never experienced any problems but I
16 always run from cron.
17
18 Maybe if you took `set daemon 60' out of .fetchmailrc and ran it from
19 cron?
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list