From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
To: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>, lxnay@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 08:07:47
1 The 26/02/14, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > Sabayon uses binary packages, isn't?
4
5 Yes.
6
7 > Then eselect perhaps uninstalls
8 > some packages and installs others?
9
10 I don't know the code, sorry. Since I've already tried the
11 'eselect init' command, I'm pretty sure it doesn't install anything.
12
13 > I've no idea; I've never used Sabayon, although I'm interested in trying it.
14
15 BTW, I'm pretty sure Fabio (cc'ed) will be fine to explain how he
16 implemented the eselect init command and the whole magic behind it. ,-)
19 Nicolas Sebrecht