From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Finally installed Gentoo on Dell Inspiron 530 desktop
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 22:34:52
1 On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 06:16:33PM +0200, b.n. wrote
2
3 > I use a SATA disk at home but they are not in "IDE mode", AFAIK... it
4 > shows up as /dev/sda - Can you explain me the difference? Is it needed
5 > for some chipsets?
6
7 There are two different ways of doing things, and they require
8 different drivers. I don't know the internal difference myself. I was
9 just following instructions. As long as it gets linux to boot on it,
10 I'm happy.
13 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
14 Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?
15 A. I think it would be a good idea.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list