From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Showing installed packages that aren't in portage tree(s)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 03:52:21
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > I used to think that eix did that.
3 >
4 > After eixing back and forth for some non-existent
5 > app-office/{kugar,koshell,kexi} (wouldn't show up on my eixes) that
6 > was holding back my --depcleans of kdelibs:3.5 and
7 > koffice-{libs,data}:3.5, then doubling back on the manual page, I
8 > discovered it didn't :D
9 >
10 > Is there an option or filter I could pass to qlist to find out which
11 > packages are installed but not in the portage tree(s)? The qlist -ICv
12 > suggestion from the eix man page only shows all installed packages. My
13 > goal is to either remove them or put them in the local overlay.
16 I think "eix-test-obsolete -d" will do that. I don't have any installed
17 that are not in portage at the moment so I can't test it to be sure.
18
19 Be warned, this thing can output a LOT of stuff. If you are in a
20 console, you may want to pipe to a text file or to less or something.
21
22 Dale
23