From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone successful in paravirtualizing Gentoo on XenServer?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 07:48:22
1 On Thu, March 24, 2011 7:37 am, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:30, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3 >> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 00:03, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
4
5 <snipped previous attempts>
8 > More update on my odyssey.
9 >
10 > I went back to HVM and reboot using the Install CD. I did a 'chroot'
11 > followed by 'rc-update add sshd default' and 'emerge iproute2' (forgot
12 > those two the first time). 'poweroff', went back to PV mode, and ...
13 >
14 > Yay! Now I can SSH into the VM. And indeed, memory usage is minimal
15 > (approx 28 MB).
16
17 As I read the first email, I was planning on asking if you can connect via
18 remote.
19
20 > But I still can't login via Xen's virtual console (hvc0). Same as
21 > before: Got the 'login:' prompt, but can't type anything.
22 >
23 > I'll try mucking around with the .config. I have a feeling I disabled
24 > one thing too many...
25
26 Before playing around with the kernel config further, I don't use
27 XenServer, but use the xen-stuff in portage instead. (My host runs Gentoo
28 as well)
29 In the configuration, I add the following to the kernel-parameters:
30 " xencons=tty "
31 Maybe a similar option will help you as well.
32
33 Otherwise, you could try checking the input-devices. Especially things
34 like keyboard/usb/hid/ps/...
35
36 Also, if you have further difficulty, the xen-users list might be a better
37 port of call as there are plenty of people there who use XenServer.