From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for other Seamonkey users
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 14:58:01
1 On 07/04/2021 05:41, Dale wrote:
2 > The biggest thing, mbox.  If I recall correctly that is what Seamonkey
3 > uses and I should be able to import those easy enough.  It at least
4 > gives me a head start.  Since this is a whole new deal, going to start a
5 > new thread if nobody pops up and says nooooooo to Dovecot.  I found a
6 > guide here:
7
8 Stop thinking about importing.
9
10 Point Seamonkey at Dovecot (I assume it can have multiple mail accounts
11 like Thunderbird). Then just copy the emails across just like you'd move
12 anything else around in Seamonkey (or Thunderbird).
13
14 What format the backend stores the email in isn't really important.
15 Unless (which may well be the case :-) you want easy access to back them
16 up, and to understand how the backend works.
17
18 Cheers,
19 Wol