From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Compiling first and then installing using -K
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 18:01:42
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 17/02/2020 10:26, Dale wrote:
3 >> I ran into a issue with qt upgrades and it got interesting.  Since it
4 >> was part way through, some applications that I needed wouldn't open due
5 >> to a mismatch in versions. [...]
6 >>
7 >> !!! --buildpkgonly requires all dependencies to be merged.
8 >> !!! Cannot merge requested packages. Merge deps and try again.
9 >>
10 >> So, I have to emerge packages in order to emerge others.  I get that
11 >> packages depend on each other but is there a way around that?
12 > You'd need to maintain two gentoo installs (A and B) with the same
13 > exact configuration with B serving as the build machine. Then you'd
14 > emerge the packages in B, make binary packages out of every package,
15 > and then emerge those in A.
21 Would a chroot work for that?  I'm pretty sure it would but want to be
22 certain before I set all that up.  I'm pretty sure I can dig around and
23 find a hard drive somewhere.
24
25 While at it, I wouldn't want grub or anything to pick it up.  Since grub
26 does so much automatically, would it "detect" that install or would it
27 ignore it?
28
29 Thanks.
30