From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem with saslauthd
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 13:31:43
1 Hi. I have been using various clients to connect to my sendmail
2 server using port 587 and using starttls to encrypt the connections
3 and then using the plain mechanism to send the user name and password
4 to authenticate.
5
6 Last day or so this has stopped working -- I don't know that I changed
7 anything (famous last words), but I do see the following if I run
8 saslauthd -v
9 saslauthd 2.1.28
10 authentication mechanisms: sasldb getpwent pam rimap shadow
11 but I have in my Sendmail.conf file in /usr/lib64/sasl2
12 pwcheck_method: saslauthd
13 allowanonymouslogin: 0
14 allowplaintext: 1
15 mech_list: EXTERNAL DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN
16 log_level: 3
17 #
18 and this seems to be why if I run sendmail at a high enough loglevel
19 I get the message saying
20 authwarning: no mechanisms.
21
22 So, after all that, anyone have an idea as to how to fix?
23
24 Thanks.
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici wb2una