From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge latest in a certain version series of a package
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 09:37:12
1 on 01/30/2014 08:30 AM Mick wrote the following:
2 > On Wednesday 29 Jan 2014 19:37:39 Thanasis wrote:
3 >>> Sometimes folks have to stay with a kernel series, because a vendor
4 >>> binary patch forces them into this situation.
5 >>
6 >> That's my case, ie Nvidia drivers for a relatively old hardware (AGP
7 >> Graphics).
8 >
9 > Wouldn't nouveau drivers overcome this problem, or is some other reason
10 > keeping you with the proprietary NVidia drivers?
11 >
12 In 3D performance, the "nouveau" driver is my 2nd option.