From: Jeff <grahamspam@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recipe for managing multiple network/system settings
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:11:27
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:15:42 -0500, Jeff wrote:
> I know that baselayout can handle certain services, but how do I
12 > combine that with the need for
13 > various host files, resolve.conf files, gateway, hostname, domainname,
14 > ESSID, etc. Even default printers would be nice.
15 >
16 > I need to support choosing one of several configurations at boot time,
17 > via grub:
18 > 1) home-wireless-dhcp
19 > 2) home-wired-dhcp
20 > 3) work1-wired
21 > 4) work2-wireless-dhcp
25 You can do this by setting RC_USE_CONFIG_PROFILE="yes" in /etc/conf.d/rc
26 The comment in the same file explains it
29 Ah... that flag should help. With that I can change some things.
30
31 BUT... what about config files that do not live in /etc/conf.d, like
32     1. /etc/hosts
33     2. /etc/host.conf
34     3. /etc/resolv.conf
35     4. /etc/ntp.conf
36
37 Perhaps some/all of these are no long ernecessary (or can be
38 configuered to be live elsewhere... but that would be a PITA).
39
40 I guess I could modify local.start and local.stop that would symlink
41 the above-listed files?
42
43 Thanks,
44 Jeff