From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] AMD Phenom X6 + Linux + "Turbo Core" ???
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 20:10:13
1 Hi,
2
3 I googled this and found some other people asking the same question...
4 But I didn't find the answer.
5
6 I am using linux kernel 2.6.36.1 vanilla to run on a AMD Phenom X6
7 1090T/ASUS Crosshair IV Formula system.
8
9 I enabled "ondemand" CPU frequency scaling givernor in the kernel and
10 "Cool'n' Quiet" in the bios of the board. I also enabled "Turbo Core"
11 in the bios (which says the 3200MHz is max and 3600 MHz in case of
12 Turbo Core being used.. I disabled C1E.
13
14 After Linux is booted (AMD64!) and idled, the CPU is running at 800Mhz (nice!)
15 and at 3200 MHz when system is under load.
16
17 But:
18 With prime I put exactly two cores under load, so normally Turbo Core
19 would kick in...but the clock of those both cores show 3200MHz instead
20 of 3600MHz....
21
22 How can I make use of the Turbo-Core feature unde Linux?
23
24 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
25 Have a nice weekend!
26 Best regards,
27 mcc