From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: amd64 installation: which file system?
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 00:32:37
1 Howdy,
2
3 I did a install of Mandriva recently and found out this bit of info. If
4 you have frequent power failures and no UPS, do NOT use XFS. It was a
5 nightmare to get back up because of things not getting started again and
6 I just reinstalled Mandriva with reiserfs. It worked very well with
7 Reiserfs but XFS was not something I want to try on that machine again
8 for sure.
9
10 If I had a UPS, it would have been fine. Maybe someone can explain this
11 one to me a bit better.
12
13 Dale
14