From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a few blockers I can't figure out
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 00:22:10
1 Jeremi Piotrowski <jeremi.piotrowski@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 31 Aug 2015, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > [snip]
6 >
7 > > Just to let you know, most of the python entries were mandated by
8 > > portage, certainly the systemd one.
9 > > emerge --info
10 > > Portage 2.2.20.1 (python 2.7.10-final-0, default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/gnome, gcc-4.9.3, glibc-2.21-r1, 3.16.3-gentoo x86_64)
11 >
12 > I think this is your problem right here: you don't have the systemd
13 > profile selected. You're trying to splice together the use settings needed
14 > to get this to work when all of them are already gathered in the right
15 > profile.
16 >
17 > Remove most of the use settings you were forced to make because of systemd
18 > related issues, change your profile to
19 >
20 > default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/gnome/systemd
21 >
22 > and emerge -uDUva @world.
23 >
24 > This should remove most (if not all) of the blockers caused by conflicting
25 > use flags you currently have set.
26
27 Hmmm, how can I tell which use flags to remove? I could remove the
28 systemd ones, but what else -- I will look at that directory and see
29 what it tells me, but any hints would be appreciated. I wonder if I
30 started this long enough ago that that profile did not exist?
33 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
34 How do
35 you spend it?
36
37 John Covici