From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python2 really really really gone? Scripts all broken?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 14:03:01
1 I'm trying to think of another language that just tossed it's whole body
2 of legacy code out the window ... okay Microsoft word does that to its
3 user-base regularly, it's true...
4
5 On 11/15/20 2:52 PM, Miles Malone wrote:
6 > Well yeah, after a *lot* of news items to that effect, and of course
7 > the fact it's been deprecated for years anyway, it's gone.  If you
8 > need the interpreter only for some scripts just select it in your
9 > world file, it'll be around a wee while longer, but the entire
10 > ecosystem is kaput, dead, gone, not coming back, so if your scripts
11 > are using any py2.7 libraries you're probably hot out of luck. Just
12 > the interpreter will be around a little bit longer because there's a
13 > few packages that for annoying reasons still need it just as a build
14 > dependency. Notably chromium
15 >
16 > On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 at 23:39, n952162 <n952162@×××.de