From: Anthony Metcalf <nevyn@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Colors/styles in vim
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:38:44
1 Chris Lieb wrote:
2 > I am new to vim and am encountering an annoying issue: certain things
3 > that I type in get highlighted red, for no apparent reason. For
4 > example, if I create a file test.txt and insert the following text:
5 >
6 > "prog"
7 >
8 > the prog is given a red background. Even if I use ':syntax off', it is
9 > still red.
10 >
11 > What is causing this to happen? This makes it very hard to edit code
12 > since strings are colored red, causing a red-on-red issue where you
13 > can't read the text at all.
14 >
15 > Thanks,
16 > Chris
19 You don't happen to have searched for "prog" last do you? try hitting
20 "/zzzzz" (assuming you don't have zzzz in the file...) in command mode
21 and see if the highlight goes away.