From: thegeezer <thegeezer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 13:01:16
1 On 03/20/2014 06:42 PM, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:19:43 +0000
3 > thegeezer <thegeezer@×××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 >> the difficulty is that without knowing
6 > It is as easy as following the commits upstream makes, which is a
7 > short daily visit (or for less important followers, even weekly);
8 > that's really not too much asked for if you forked logind.
9 >
10 > It is even quite common practice and scriptable:
11 >
12 > git fetch ... ; git log ... ; git diff ...
13 >
14 > In a similar way, I know Portage will get highlighting and a ^ indicator;
15 > without that being announced until release, here's a copy paste (note
16 > that what is above ^ would be colored in red, unwrapped to unbreak it):
17 >
18 > dev-lang/perl:0
19 >
20 > (dev-lang/perl-5.18.2:0/5.18::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
21 > =dev-lang/perl-5.18* required by (virtual/perl-IO-1.280.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
22 > ^ ^^^^^
23 >
24 > (dev-lang/perl-5.16.3:0/5.16::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
25 > dev-lang/perl:0/5.16=[-build(-)] required by (dev-perl/IO-Socket-SSL-1.967.0:0/0::gentoo, installed)
26 > ^^^^^^^^
27 > =dev-lang/perl-5.16* required by (virtual/perl-libnet-1.230.0:0/0::gentoo, installed)
29 > (and 19 more with the same problems)
30 >
31 > And of course, that's not the only change happening; dependency
32 > resolution will become faster, some slot operator bug fixes happened
33 > but caused regressions in released versions and thus more of such fixes
34 > will be done, some "no parents" messages during slot conflict output
35 > were nuked, ...
36 >
37 > If I can type that as part of this mail, people could follow logind.