From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: XFCE weather plugin does not work
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 20:18:46
1 On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 17:18:34 +0100, David W Noon wrote:
2
3 > >> I have not done this relying on the promise by Greg Kubaryk
4 > >> that the ebuild is epatch_user enabled.
5 >
6 > That can be a bit variable. I still put the epatch_user command in
7 > explicitly, just to be certain.
8
9 You don't need to modify the ebuild to do that. Put this
10 in /etc/portage/env/category/package
11
12 post_src_unpack() {
13 cd "${S}"
14 epatch_user
15 }
16
17 You can use unpack or prepare. The difference is that the former runs
18 immediately before the prepare function in the ebuild, the latter
19 immediately after. Not only does it save manifesting the ebuild each time
20 you modify it, it saves having the remember to modify it at all after an
21 update. More importantly, your work is not destroyed on the next sync.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 I can't walk on water, but I can stagger on alcohol.