From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Separate /usr [was: Clock is way off]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 07:36:54
1 On Thursday 10 May 2007, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 09 May 2007 23:49:45 darren kirby wrote:
3 > > I do have a separate /usr, but do not mount it readonly, as I
4 > > --sync enough to make remounting it daily rather annoying.
5 >
6 > Congratulations! You've just explained why PORTDIR defaulting to
7 > /usr/portage is stupid. The logical location for the tree would be on
8 > /var ... :)
9
10 You are perfectly correct. That's why I have:
11
12 alan@nazgul ~ $ mount | grep /var
13 /dev/mapper/vg-var on /var type reiserfs (rw,noatime,notail)
14 /dev/mapper/vg-portage on /var/portage type reiserfs (rw,noatime)
15 /dev/mapper/vg-distfiles on /var/distfiles type reiserfs
16 (rw,noatime,notail)
17
18 Note that distfiles is not a sub-dir of portage either
21 Optimists say the glass is half full,
22 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
23 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
24
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
27 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list