From: Thomas Kirchner <lists@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: EMERGENCY - GCC GONE!
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 00:54:07
1 * On May 31 16:28, Lord Sauron (gentoo-user@l.g.o) wrote:
2 > This is - for me - an emergency. No pun intended.
3
4 Just a quick note in addition to the good advice given in the rest of the
5 thread. One of the Gentoo devs (I forget which, but I'm sure someone
6 knows) keeps a bunch of tarballs on a server that can be used for
7 emergency restoration. It has things like pre-compiled gcc packages,
8 glibc, python, etc. from a working Gentoo system, and compiled for
9 bare-bones hardware so it'll work anywhere. Actually, it's saved my butt
10 a few times now. You can just download gcc from there, and install with
11 emerge -K.
12
13 Tom
14 --