From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.0.2 and composite
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:44:49
1 On Wednesday 12 March 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 12 March 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:
3 > > I have 3.5 as monolithic and 4.0 meta. What concerns me is that
4 > > adding "xcomposite" will not re-emerge anything from 4.0 - and
5 > > there is where I need/want it.
6 >
7 > OK, I see what you mean. Try this hacked-together list instead:
10 > alan@nazgul /var/portage/kde-base $ cd /var/portage/kde-base/
11 > alan@nazgul /var/portage/kde-base $ grep -ir composite * | grep
12 > '4.0' | grep ebuild | cut -f1 -d: | sort | uniq
13 > kdebase/kdebase-4.0.1.ebuild
14 > kdelibs/kdelibs-4.0.1-r1.ebuild
15 > kdelibs/kdelibs-4.0.2.ebuild
16 > krunner/krunner-4.0.1-r1.ebuild
17 > krunner/krunner-4.0.2.ebuild
18 > kwin/kwin-4.0.1.ebuild
19 > kwin/kwin-4.0.2.ebuild
20 > libtaskmanager/libtaskmanager-4.0.1.ebuild
21 > libtaskmanager/libtaskmanager-4.0.2.ebuild
22 > plasma/plasma-4.0.1.ebuild
23 > plasma/plasma-4.0.2.ebuild
24 >
25 > Short version:
26 > kdelibs
27 > krunner
28 > kwin
29 > libtaskmanager
30 > plasma
31
32 Actually I did that meanwhile. Unfortunately, it doesn't help insofar
33 as the whole session crashes the moment I switch on "Enable Desktop
34 Effects" and apply it. I then sit in front of kdm again. Can't log
35 in, though; it immediately crashes again. Had to log in on a text
36 console and edit ~/.kde/share/config/kwinrc manually.
37
38 Whine! Cry! This must be an international conspiracy to prevent uncle
39 Uwe from using all these shiny new things in KDE4. Grrr.
40
41 <rage>
42 Who is behind this conspiracy? Step forward! I have a big potjie [1]
43 and a big plot suitable for a big fire. Have you ever seen one of
44 those jokes about missionaries in Africa? That is going to happen to
45 you. For sure!
46 </rage>
47
48 Uwe