From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] smartctrl drive error @60%
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:05:21
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 00:05:03 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> That's a 3TB drive. I don't have anything big enough to back it up to.
5 >
6 > Then either your data is not important to you or you need to get another
7 > drive ASAP. Meanwhile, you could start backing up the most important data.
8
9 I got a drive picked out at Newegg. $$$$$$$$
10
11 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148844
15 >> Is there anyway to find out if this error is really serious or just a
16 >> run of the mill type error?
17 >
18 > Whenever I have seen this behaviour, it was soon followed by total drive
19 > failure, even to the point that the computer would not boot with that
20 > drive connected.
24 Well, I did blow the dust out a month or so ago so I thought I would
25 remove the sides and re-seat all the cables. I've got the long test
26 running now but it passed the SHORT test. I'm hoping it will fix this
27 issue, just hoping. That is a good deal on that new drive tho. May get
28 it anyway.
29
30 Dale
31