From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge sys-apps/util-linux-2.12r-r4 fails
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 03:01:15
1 Peter Alfredsen wrote:
2 > On Friday 05 January 2007 01:25, Dale wrote:
5 >> Any ideas in case this don't work?
8 > What you are doing WILL NOT WORK. The old version of util-linux will only work
9 > with the (really) old linux-headers. What is the output of "emerge -pv
10 > linux-headers"? It's probably >2.16.18, since you have these problems. If you
11 > just want to fix this (and only this) problem, just put that line into
12 > package.keywords, emerge --sync and emerge util-linux.
13 >
14 > If you still have problems, let's have the output of emerge --info.
19 I think that package is just plain broke. I went up one version and it
20 worked just fine. To answer your question:
21
22 > root@smoker / # emerge -pv linux-headers
23 >
24 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
25 >
26 > Calculating dependencies... done!
27 > [ebuild R ] sys-kernel/linux-headers-2.6.19 0 kB
28 >
29 > Total size of downloads: 0 kB
30 > root@smoker / #
31
32 It worked when I emerged the new version of util-linux and I restarted
33 the script, just in case something else would be affected later on.
34
35 So far, so good. If I run into this one again I'll post it. See if we
36 can figure it out.
37
38 Thanks.
39