From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc-2.17 fails and warning: setlocale: LC_ALL error
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 12:44:25
1 2014-07-18 3:18 GMT-06:00 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
5 > I tried the same tarball you are using and it still failed. Basically, I
6 > unpacked the thing, copied over the portage tree and distfiles and tried to
7 > emerge glibc and it failed. It has to be something wrong on my end here.
8 > Heck, this last time, I didn't even touch make.conf. I looked to make sure
9 > it was set to something sane but didn't need to change anything. I don't
10 > need sync servers or mirror servers either since I copy that over.
11 >
12 Did you updated the locales? in the other thread about this I pointed
13 some things you should check, also take a look at this guide[1],
14 mostly unrelated but there's one step which might be in your
15 insterest:
16 " 9. Edit your locales and run locale-gen – sooner or later you’re
17 going to have to update glibc so no sense taking all day to do it."
18 [1] http://rich0gentoo.wordpress.com/2010/04/02/gentoo-on-ec2-from-scratch/
19 > This is weird.
20 >
21 > Dale