From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remove prelink and purge prelinked exec
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:35:35
1 On Monday 13 November 2006 14:22, Uwe Thiem wrote:
2 > On 13 November 2006 14:44, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 12 November 2006 21:40, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
4 > > > I never trusted prelink. So, I dont trust it to un-prelink either.
5 > > >
6 > > > The best way to make sure your binaries are not altered by 3rd party
7 > > > tools is this:
8 > > >
9 > > > emerge -euD world
10 > >
11 > > This is slightly amusing. Remerging every package while prelink is still
12 > > installed will use prelink again...
13 >
14 > Only if PRELINKING in /etc/conf.d/prelink is set to "yes". I prefer to do
15 > my prelinking myself, so I set it to "no" - and emerge keeps its hand off
16 > prelink.
17
18 Yes, I missed that. Portage just adds to the list of locations
19 in /etc/prelink.conf that should be prelinked if PRELINKING is set to yes.
20 And during unmerge is runs prelink --undo as already mentioned. So if
21 PRELINKING is set to yes then setting it to no is actually all that is
22 required:
23
24 # head -n 4 /etc/conf.d/prelink
25 # Set this to no to disable prelinking altogether
26 # (if you change this from yes to no prelink -ua
27 # will be run next night to undo prelinking)
28 PRELINKING=yes
29
30 And if it is set to no then `prelink -ua` is sufficient to undo manual
31 prelinking.
34 Bo Andresen