From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's an ewarn?
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:36:16
1 Kevin O'Gorman schrieb:
2 > I've seen mention of something called an "ewarn", which makes me hope it's
3 > related to those messages that fly by when I'm doing a big emerge update.
4
5 It is.
6
7 > So: in plain English, is "ewarn" something I should know about?
8
9 If the ebuild makes correct use of ewarn and einfo, then I'd say,
10 yes, you should know about it.
11
12 > If so,
13 > where can I read about it?
14
15 Read about? What an ewarn is, or about the message that was shown?
16 If it is the latter, have a look at PORTAGE_ELOG_* in /etc/make.conf.example
17 and copy what you need to make.conf.
18
19 > If it's what I supposed it is, do they get
20 > saved somewhere?
21
22 If you configure it so.
23
24 Alexander Skwar
25 --
26 fenderberg, n.:
27 The large glacial deposits that form on the insides
28 of car fenders during snowstorms.
29 -- "Sniglets", Rich Hall & Friends
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list