From: Zac Slade <krakrjak@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:38:06
1 On Tuesday 28 February 2006 03:03, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Oops, you're right, telinit 1 doesn't work as expected in Gentoo (are there
3 > any bugreports about it?). However, I can reboot into RL 1 just fine and
4 > umount /usr w/o problems. I can also use ls just fine with /usr unmounted,
5 > all fs maintenance tools should also work.
6 It just depends on the setup and USE flags. The situation has begun to
7 improve in the default case.
8
9 The telinit command is not how it's done in Gentoo. You should use rc or
10 init. The best way to get to single user mode on a running Gentoo system is
11 to use rc single.
12 --
13 Zac Slade
14 krakrjak@××××××××××.net