From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ibiblio dumps Gentoo distfiles to "save space"
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:24:04
1 Imagine my surprise when the nightly rsync of Gentoo distfiles with ibibilo
2 resulted in my distfile repository getting totally deleted. After a few
3 emails wit the admins at ibibilo I finally got the answer that I was looking
4 for... the truth...
5
6 >> Jerry,
7 >>
8 >> We are no longer rsyncing the distfiles due to space constraints on our
9 >> distributions volume. Gentoo's own instructions for setting up a mirror
10 >> recommend excluding the distfiles directory:
11 >>
12 >> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml
13 >>
14 >> If you need these files, you could try the other mirrors listed on this
15 >> page:
16 >>
17 >> http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors2.xml
18 >>
19 >> Best,
20 >>
21 >> Matt
22 >>
23
24 I promptly emailed back an offer of two new 1,000 gig drives if they would put
25 the gentoo distfiles back up and... no answer....
26
27 Guess they really don't care.
28
29 --
30
32
33 From the desk of:
34 Jerome D. McBride
35
36 17:17:08 up 57 days, 23:24, 5 users, load average: 0.14, 0.09, 0.02
37