From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 23:15:35
1 On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 22:42:00 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Robinson wrote:
2
3 > I appreciate this reply. I did assume that after I booted the minimal
4 > install and the files compiled I could get to a graphic desktop. That
5 > is what happens with the Live DVD, in spite of the fact that Neil sees
6 > no difference bewteen the two.
7
8 Thank you for that clarification. I always appreciate being told what I
9 think by someone who doesn't know me.
10
11 The Live DVD does not compile a graphic desktop, it does not know which
12 one you want. It may boot to a graphic desktop but that is a completely
13 different thing and has no bearing on the installation process.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Justify my text? I'm sorry but it has no excuse.