From: "Terry Z." <bezerker@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Recommendations for a Gentoo supporting/capable VPS besides Linode?
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 16:50:43
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm know this topic has been discussed at length in the past but I feel
4 this is one of those things that changes so frequently and quickly it's
5 worth a new thread in mid '16, but I apologize if this message bores you or
6 clutters your inbox. :) I also apologize if there is a more relevant list,
7 but this seemed appropriate when I looked at them.
8
9 VPS and cloud providers that handle Gentoo without bending over backwards
10 (kexec, mucking with grub installs, etc) are rare. Linode was the provider
11 of choice for me for probably close to a decade now, but their track record
12 over the past few years has made me want to look into alternatives to test
13 the waters.
14
15 The big names (DO, Vultr, etc) don't seem to support Gentoo as a choice, so
16 I'm wondering if anyone has any preferences of service that they use.
17 Again, Linode has for me personally been more than fine, so I'm not in a
18 rush to get off them, but I'd like to see if there are any alternatives
19 people enjoy.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Terry
26 The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating system
27 and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
28 -- seen on the net